COULD YOU HELP TO RUN HXCC?
Halifax Canoe Club is entirely run by a dedicated group of volunteers and we need to replace our company secretary by the end of May as our current volunteer (Stuart) has decided to focus on other work for the club.
The task isn’t huge, doesn’t take up much time and both the committee and the departing secretary are keen to give you their full support.
Why not give something back to your club – if you think you can help please get in touch – send an email to email@example.com
What does the secretary do?
- Acts as Company Secretary in all dealings with Companies House.
- Ensures sound administration of club and that it adheres to its constitution and policies.
- Acts as the Data Controller for the Canoe Club.
- Maintains the current set of policy documents and the archive of old documents.
- Arranges and minutes the AGM and Committee Meetings.
- Ensures all affiliations are up to date (e.g. British Canoeing) and deals with correspondence for the club.
- Pro-actively manages the administration of membership and boat storage fees at the due dates with the assistance of all members of the committee, bringing any unpaid dues to the attention of the committee and maintains an active list of club members.
- Maintains a current H&S forms for paddlers (members) available to committee and coaches.
What wouldn’t you do?
You wouldn’t be in charge of organising courses – this task is spread out across the committee!