As you may know we now have access to paddle on Warley Moor Reservoir through ‘club membership’ of Halifax Sailing Club, and this site is now available to our members for paddling.
Members must complete an induction session prior to using the Sailing Club facilities and reservoir. The induction will cover security, our Paddling Policy and the sailing club’s Covid-19 policy and arrangements.
Induction Sessions have been arranged as follows:
- Saturday 29th August 10am till 12.30pm – Induction & Paddle
- Saturday 29th August 12.30-1pm – Induction only
- Monday 31st August 10am till 12.30pm – Induction & Paddle
- Monday 31st August 12.30pm till 1pm – Induction only
- Wednesday 2nd September 6pm till 8.30pm – Induction & Paddle
Please book your space via our webcollect system – numbers on each session are limited due to Covid-19 restrictions.Go to Bookings…
After the morning and evening induction there is a paddling session arranged – members can ‘peer’ paddle in groups of 3-6 people. The lunchtime session are just a quick induction and chance to visit the site.
If you booking the induction & paddle, please note the paddle will only happen if conditions are suitable. You will need to decide if conditions on the day are suitable for you to paddle.
If paddling, you will need all your own kit (HXCC have one sea kayak available – booking for this is essential by emailing email@example.com to arrange collection).
Additional information for sessions – Please bring the following to the session:
– BC membership details (you will need to be a BC member to ‘peer paddle’ on the reservoir outside of club organised sessions)
– Bring own Drinking Water
– Bring a face mask (Sailing Club Covid-19 rules require these in the changing rooms/toilets)
For more information about using this site or if you can’t make these inductions please contact Judith Forbes, club sea kayaking officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).