We are running a UK Coaching Safeguarding & Protecting Children course for:
- all our new/prospective coaches and activity assistants
- other volunteers that are involved with working with young people
- existing coaches wishing to update their safeguarding training.
This course is essential training for all volunteers who are likely to be working with children regularly.
Date: Wed 17th January 6:30 – 9:30pm
Venue: Hollins Mill (formerly the works), Hollins Mill Lane, Sowerby Bridge
Cost: FREE to club volunteers (normally £35)
Book now: We have a limited number of places so please email or text (07786525912) Les Ford to confirm you are attending. We need to confirm numbers to order workshop resources by Wed 10th Jan
You must be 16 or over to attend the course.
About the course:
Create a Positive Sports Experience for Young People
Every child deserves to enjoy their sport. This workshop will raise your awareness of the telltale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
Updated to include content on Anti-radicalisation and Vulnerable Children and Adults.
After the course you will be able to:
- identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching
- explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response
- recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse
- take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.