We are in the process of making more Club sessions available to members for the coming weeks and details will be available on the website as these are organised.
However, with Covid infection rates rising rapidly and local restriction in place, we need to be extra careful at Club paddling sessions. So here’s a reminder of how we are operating to allow us to continue under the current Covid restriction:
- Do not come to any Club activity if have Covid-19 symptoms or have been told to self-isolate.
- Stick to the “Rule of 6” at all times. That means no groups or gatherings of more than 6 people on or off the water.
To explain, based on guidance from British canoeing organised Club activities can operate with more than 6 people but these need to operate with distinct groups of 6 or less. So where Club sessions have more than 6 places these separated into a number of groups with staggered start and finish times to keep groups separate.
Remember ‘Peer paddles’ are not organised Club activities so must have 6 or less people to meet current Covid restrictions.
- Attendance at any Club session is by advanced booking only – members can book sessions via our website.
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times on and off the water. There are some particular areas where we need to be vigilant – including in and around the Club building, and in the areas where we get on and off the water.
- Good hand hygiene is vital – use hand sanitiser when going in and out of the building to collect equipment, as well as before and after handling shared equipment.
- Disinfection / isolation of shared Club equipment is an essential part of our risk management plan. If you are booking club equipment please ensure you are familiar with and follow our procedures. Take the time to do it properly.
- We have posted NHS Test & Trace QR codes in both parts of the Club building. The Club would encourage you all to install the NHS Covid-19 app and scan the QR code on each visit to the Club.
Finally – we are constantly reviewing guidance from British Canoeing about operating during Covid. This is updated every time the rules are changed by the government. As you are aware things are changing rapidly at the moment, consequently we may need to revise the way we operate at short notice and will update members accordingly.