As you are aware all legal Covid restrictions were removed in July. Therefore there are no limits on numbers on sessions beyond our standard risk assessments for sessions. After further review we are also now removing restrictions on changing room use and requirements for the cleaning and isolating of club equipment.
However, case numbers remain high and guidance remains in place to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. So members are encouraged to continue to act responsible to reduce the risks of Covid-19.
You must not attend club sessions or access the club if you have suspected Covid-19 symptoms or have been told to self isolate – you should be following government guidance and self-isolating at home.
Club by members are also encouraged to continue with the following precautions when accessing the club:
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly – cleaning/sanitising materials remain available. If they are running low please let a coach or committee member know.
- Members are encouraged to continue to cleaning / wiping down of frequently touched surfaces before and after (eg locks, door handles, light switches).
- Members are encouraged to continue to maintain social distancing in and around the club and on the water.
- Cleaning materials are available should members wish to wipe down club equipment before / after they use it.
- In line with guidance, you are encouraged to take Lateral Flow tests regularly (available from many pharmacies).
Use of the changing rooms is on the following basis:
- Ventilation (extraction) runs automatically when rooms are occupied
- Members are encouraged to limit time in the changing rooms, this may include showering at home, to reduce the amount of time in the changing rooms.
- At busy times, members should consider waiting until the changing room is less busy.
- Members (or their parent) are encouraged to clean the area/benches they use before and after changing
The club’s latest Covid-19 risk assessment is available here.
These arrangements will be kept under review as case numbers and any guidance changes.