We are keen to help and encourage members get back paddling after a summer where many haven’t been on the water due to the pandemic and our inability to run club sessions.
This session is aimed at those that have previously done a club beginners course and been on the white water, but have not paddled this year due to Covid restrictions, but want to paddle on the white water with a coaches support.
Club equipment can be used on session – book this when you book your place, and follow the club procedures for cleaning and isolating equipment after the session (details).
The plan is to refresh paddling skills, build confidence, and look at staying safe on the water to ensure paddlers feel confident to join in other club sessions and trips, or paddle independently with peers. Each session will be based around the needs of those in the group.
The sessions are:
- Sat 12th Sept – 9:45 – 12:00
- Sat 19th Sept – 9:45 – 12:00
If the session is full you can book on the waiting list in case anyone drops out.
Attendance on each sessions must be pre-booked in advance for each paddler via our Webcollect system.
We are also looking to increase the number of sessions and trips available as we go into the autumn.
Club sessions – important information:
- Sessions are for club members only.
- Juniors attending must be able to carry their own equipment or be assisted to and from the water by a member of their household.
- By booking on a sessions with club equipment members are agreeing to follow the club procedure on cleaning and isolating equipment after use.
- In line with government guidance, our changing rooms are not available. Please change discretely at you car (or arrive and leave in paddling kit).
- As for peer paddling at the club access is available to the club for use of the toilet and to access personal boats stored at the club. Members must follow existing club guidance on hand hygiene and cleaning touch points when accessing the club (Full Details) As you are booking this session you do not need to email to notify your attendance.
- Paddlers must maintain social distancing (2m) at all times, including inside and outside the club building.
- Please do not park outside the club – we need this space to allow for appropriate social distancing
- Each group needs to operate as a distinct group on and off the water – please stick to your group and session times. This is essential to meet guidance, reduce congestion around the club and maintain social distancing.